Yes, you can radically boost conversion rates on an e-commerce site simply by making the checkout process simple, smooth, and as few steps as possible. That’s exactly what Asheville Web Design Company did with one of their clients.
They recently showcased a case study on their Facebook page that showed a client website that initially had the following steps in the e-commerce website for a specialty paint company…
1. Browse products one at a time, switching back and forth between product pages and main shopping page
2. Add Products you want to cart, one at a time
3. Go to shopping cart and ensure correct items are in the cart and pricing is what you expected
4. Go to checkout page and update billing/shipping address and selection shipping options
5. Checkout and submit payment
Each of these steps would occur on separate pages and it would take a lot of time for a customer to shop and finally checkout. Who knows how many customers were actually lost in that entire process.
So, the solution was brought about using a new plugin for Woo-Commerce – a single one page shopping, cart and checkout system. After implementation, now the entire process is one one page, eliminating a lot of the back and forth and the time it takes to do each step above.
Check out the final implementation at http://www.remarkablecoating.com/whiteboard-paint-products
For more information or services on shopping cart conversion rate optimization and improvement, check out http://www.ashevillewebdesign.co